Coronavirus (COVID-19) Testing Availability is now at ALL of our Maxem Health Urgent Care locations
As the coronavirus pandemic continues to grow in the United States, and as Mississippi is beginning to see more and more patients with the coronavirus, we are preparing for the unknowns of the weeks and months to come, Maxem Health Urgent Care has been working throughout the years to aid and help the community, and that doesn’t change with COVID-19. We now have the capabilities, with the help of out lab testing company, to perform the COVID-19 test on patients that feel they may have been exposed to someone that tested positive, or are concerned they may have the virus as well.
The following is a list of facts and information that patients should be aware of prior to seeking testing:
• If you suspect that you have the coronavirus, or are having symptoms of cough, fever, and shortness of breath, please call your local location PRIOR to coming to inside, the phone numbers are listed on the website, Facebook page, as well as on the building . Our staff will perform the necessary phone screen and take the necessary precautions to prepare the Urgent Care for your arrival. DO NOT simply come to the Urgent Care and request testing. Please call ahead! This is for the protection of not only you but the rest of our community, patients, and staff.
• Once you arrive to our clinic, you will be asked to wear a mask, and to immediately sanitize or wash your hands, then you will be placed in an isolation room. You will be tested for the flu, and if your flu test is negative and our clinician feels that you meet the CDC criteria for coronavirus testing, you will then tested. If you are flu positive no further testing will be performed.
• Patients should know that they will not be tested if they do not meet the CDC criteria for testing. This currently includes symptoms of fever, cough, and shortness of breath, as well as travel to or exposure to an individual who has traveled to an area of known community spread of the disease. Patient requests for testing in the absence of the CDC criteria will not be honored, and refunds will not be issued to individuals who are screened, examined, and found not to require testing. The reason for this is because the number of these tests, as well as the resources of the labs that can run them, are very finite. In the interest of public health, we cannot expend the resources necessary for testing on patients who do not meet the criteria.
• The current cost for the coronavirus test from our lab vendor is $130. Our Lab Vendor will bill your insurance directly, Maxem Health Urgent Care does not bill your insurance for this testing.
• Any patient who is tested for the coronavirus will be advised to quarantine themselves pending the results of the test, which typically take 3-5 business days. This means that the patient will have to stay in their home. No excuses will be given to return to work or school until a negative test is received. Any positive tests will be reported to the local health department and the CDC.
Maxem Health Urgent Care is dedicated to providing the best quality health care to the community of the Mississippi Gulf Coast. We will continue to do everything we can to lead the way in the plan to protect our community from this and future health threats.
For more information about Maxem Health Urgent Care, please visit our renovated website at www.maxemhealthurgentcare.com, and sign up for our newsletter to get the new up to date information from our clinics.
For more information on COVID-19, visit the CDC website or click here.